Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Don't Call me Home

Just something that I dabble, a pray of my deepest desire. Whoever is reading this, take note, I have been praying this pray on and off, for years. (Please forgive me for any grammatical errors.)

Don't Call me Home

I am still yang, I still have many years to come, many goals to conquer. But I have grown old over the years and as time moves swiftly, I'll barely notice. Time rushes right past me and I foolishly take all for granted. My days are numbered, I think I'm starting to understand just how little I got. So while I still care, listen to this pray: Keep my body in tact, make it strong, agile and wise. Bless me with longevity for years to come. Give me endurance to withstand, patience to withhold. Let me stay healthy always, keep youth always in reach. Allow me to someday proudly wear the Crown of Grey Strands. Let me die of old age, let me die in my sleep, let me die knowing I have served my purpose fully. Don't call me home until I reap all that I have sown!
When I was but a child I labored seldom, I was shrouded with laughter and of innocence. But now that I've grown in more ways than one my mind is vile, my thoughts are wicked, I am passionate, determined, focused and all so distracted to the fact time is fleeting. Time is wasting away. So while I still care, please listen to this pray: Bless me with health, longevity for years to come. Keep my body strong, agile and wise. Don't let me be victimize with lies! Give me endurance to withstand, patience to withhold. Let me someday proudly wear the Crown of Grey Stands. Let me die of old age and not of shame, let me die in my sleep and not in pain, let me die knowing I have seen all I was meant to see. Don't call me home until I have finished the race. Don't call me home! Not yet, not now! Let me die of old age and not of shame, not of greed, not of mourning, let me die in my sleep, not in pain, not in fright, not in doubt, let me die knowing I have done your will.
I still have much to learn, still many lies to overcome. I am waiting for me to realize how precious a life can be. So, until then, don't call me home, don't call me home!
Let me die of old age, let me die in my sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment