Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Going Back


I wrote this a long time ago, while reminiscing, I decided to jot down what I was feeling, thinking and so on. 
Whoever is reading this, please take note, the pain is gone, but I still want to go back.
(Please forgive me for any grammatical errors)

Go Back

I want to go back in time, relive the laughter so I can forget my current pain. So I can recall my smile and not my tears. Early mornings in the beach. I'll even relive the boring days. Sleeping in on Saturday, watching hours of cartoons. I'll relive those quite moments in worship, when I felt so broken. Being with a friend just watching old movies. Going over her place just to say hello. I'll go back deep in to past dreams, even the scary ones. Flying across open fields, stealing a car, super powers. I want to go back to those day were things were simple, going to the gym, do school, finish school, play outside. I'll be in church meetings from long ago, old parties, last year events, month old jokes. I want to go back and do the same thing all over again. Going skating with a close friend, sitting next to her. I want to go back and play board games with old friends. Re-meet my current friends, connect all over again. I long to be in those days were I was alone, riding my bike, playing video games, jogging, breathing cold crisp air. Even the small things. Getting lost inside a park, texting a friend states away. To be with my friends and play soccer. Hang out and play tennis with dad. To feel my heart pound when with a friend, who always makes me smile, hugging tight because she means a lot to me. I'll imagine myself back in old holidays of years ago, pumpkin pie of Thanksgiving, ripping Christmas gifts. Hot summer days in cold water, losing my ear plugs then my friends help me find them.
I want to go back in time, but I don't want to be there forever because then I'll never have the chance to make new memories. My life has just begun. I still have room for more moments with friends. I'll wait for it. That way, later on, I'll have more to go back to...

No comments:

Post a Comment