Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Peace of Mind (Gloria Bennett) 7 END

Last post! See this story is not long at all. This is after all short story :) I really hope you enjoyed my story

“Emily!  My dear, what happened?!” cried Gloria with misty eyes.
“Oh mom! He’s coming, he’ll get me for sure! Please, mom you’ve got to help me!” begged Emily, falling to her knees while, clutching onto Gloria’s nightgown, “Please, you gotta help me! Send him away!” Gloria was so overwhelmed, fear was consuming her inside out, she tried so hard to break away.
“Mom, don’t let me die, at least not in vain! You can save me! Help me please! Why won’t you help me? Why won’t you help Abigail?” Emily was pouring out her heart, her soul, “Don’t let my death count for nothing!”
“I’m sorry! I’m so sorry!” shouted Gloria, now falling on her knees, sobbing loudly, “It’s all my fault, all my fault! How can I save you, tell me what to do!” Emily didn’t respond, she became very quiet and still, all at once, “Emily? Emily!” sobbed Gloria, “Answer me! It’s all my fault!” Please, Emily!”
“Mom,” answered Emily, “Why can’t you help me, help Abigail?” Her voice was low and weak, the warmth of her body was slipping away, “It’s not too late...it’s not.” The hands of Emily became cold and stiff, life was gone..
“No, no, no! Emily, I’m sorry! Come back, come back, please! Tell me what to do, please, I’m so sorry! All my fault, all my fault!” Tears flooded the sockets of Gloria, she could not bear the pain any longer, she burst aloud, crying uncontrollably.  
When Gloria opened her eyes again, she was no longer holding the dead body of Emily, she wasn’t even in the destitute field. What was happening? She was lying on what appeared to be a hospital bed. The walls around her, were so very white. Gloria realized now where she was, but something wasn’t right about the room. There was no heart monitor, there were no windows, no chairs, or tables. As Gloria proceeded to scope this supposed hospital room, she wondered, where were the doctors, the nurses, where was anyone? Everything was so quiet, no movement whatsoever. Gloria sat herself up, with a straight back, turned her head in every direction, when unexpectedly, she saw a wooden door. How odd that a door made of wood would be in a hospital. Then, the door knob began to twist, and entered a man. A man from the silent and the often respected. It was James.
“Oh my word,” said Gloria with her eyes open wide, “James, my love,” Gloria reached out her hands to which James reached back. They clasped each other’s hands so tightly, Gloria was so happy, her heart was dancing, filled with peace.
“James, is it really you?” asked Gloria.
“Of course it is,” answered James squeezing her hands. A rush came over Gloria, an immense portion of love. A certain kind of thrill, she thought she could never feel again. Oh, what bliss Gloria felt captivating her. Her stronghold, finally in the flesh, “I have missed you,” said James sitting close to Gloria, “I love you, I always have,” With every word that emerged from James’s mouth, more and more love flooded inside Gloria’s soul.
“This is a dream come true. I am finally with you and I will never leave, we will never be separated again. I am now home,” said Gloria with great delight.
“My dear, my sweet dear, this is not home,” answered James loosening his grip.
“What are you saying? I-I don’t understand.”
“This is not your time, this is not our time, not yet,” said James, now letting go of Gloria’s hands, “We will be together again, but only when the time is right, when He deems it so.” This couldn’t be happening! Until He deems it so? This was outrageous!
“Why are you saying these things?” pleaded Gloria trying to reach for James, but just couldn’t, no matter how desperately she wanted to. It was as if there was an invisible force keeping Gloria from James, “Why are you turning me away? This is our second chance, can’t you see?” tears began to flow from Gloria’s eyes. This was no dream come true, this was another horrible nightmare!
“Gloria, listen to me, there is a little girl, who needs to know right now that her mother is alive, that her mother cares for her because she loves her,” asserted James, “This your second chance to let her know, you are that mom.”
“I don’t want to keep on living life without you! I have no peace, no joy. The pain I carry is too foul for anyone to bare. But I can make the pain end, by accepting death!” shouted Gloria trying so hard to get out of the hospital bed, so she could embrace James, “Please, come to me! All I want is to feel peace again, full peace. I thought I could withstand with just Emily, but she’s gone too. Please, all I want is peace!” sobbed Gloria with her hands over her face.
“And peace you will have,” said James returning to Gloria’s side, wiping away the tears, “Time is the healer of all wounds, all you have to do is let it. Your life does not end here, not like this,” all of what James was saying was dreadfully true, “Let go of the past, let go of me. Learn to forgive. Only then will you be able to experience true peace.” Gloria cried softly. Just when she had reunited with the love of her life, they had to be torn apart again. How could this be?
“This is not fair,” whispered Gloria.
“I love you, Gloria,” answered James right by her ear, so gentle, “This is for the best, wait and you will see. Please...let me go,” said James with boundless love.
“I’ll...I-I’ll try,” Gloria took a deep breath, “I’ll try.” James gave a small smile, his body began to fade away. In the process of disappearing, he leaned in and kissed her. Gloria felt his lips against hers, with her eyes shut she embraced the moment. Little by little the pressed lips of James vanished. It was time for Gloria to overcome, to triumph. She didn’t know how to explain it, but she had new found determination. Gloria opened her eyes and saw Abigail slouched over on a hospital bed, sleeping right by her. Abigail was eagerly waiting for her mother to wake up. Gloria was profoundly moved. She gently began to caress Abigail’s glossy hair. It took a few seconds, but Abigail awoke.
“I love you, Abigail,” said Gloria giving her daughter a tremendous squeeze. Abigail was speechless. Could this be the start of a new life? Was this finally the end of Gloria’s chapter full of tribulation. Maybe this was threshold of reconciliation. Only time can tell. This could merely be a fleeting moment of happiness. Perhaps this was only to be short lived. Only time can tell.



END

No comments:

Post a Comment