Pages

Thursday, October 17, 2013

a tad bit about me part 2

I am a recovered anorexic. I think many people say that once you are anorexic, you stay anorexic, in the sense that one can always always relapse. If you were to look atmy figure in the year 2009 in the month of December, you would see perhaps three rib bones, and you see me not talking to people because I was busy climbing up the stairs. I was trying to lose weight. However, if you were to look at me now, you would see no ribs, no bones. Instead you would see a toned body.
I work out a lot nowadays. I run a lot. I'd like to think of myself as a runner. Just over the course of three days, I can run 12 miles. Five miles the 1st day three miles the 2nd and four miles on the 3rd. Today I plan to a little over three miles... maybe four miles. I work out everyday. I do more than just run, I lift weights also everyday (did I spell that right?) On Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays I work my abs, all the other days I work my upper body. I run five days a week. I don't run on weekends, unless I have a race.
I was taken to ER, instantly after fainting, in January (did I spell that right?) in the year 2010. I was out of the hospital within 2 weeks. I have not relapsed since then. It has now been a little over 3 years. This is a big deal. There are girls and guys, who relapse again and again in less than a year.
I am an odd anorexic case, I think. Most cases of anorexia happen in families with one child in a good finicial position. But I am in a family of 6 and we are not in any way rich. In the year 2009 my dad lost his job and it took him a long while before he could find another job. During the times he was home, I avoided him, because I didn't want him see me excersise, I didn't want any of family member to see me exercise, but they did. I couldn't get the privacy I wanted. However, I didn't want to stop working out just because they saw me, so I excersised in front of them. They had no idea why worked out 3 hours a day every day, I had no idea why either.
To this day, I am unsure why I became anorexic, but I am thankful that I am not anorexic anymore. There are some days, however, that I look at myself in the mirror and feel dissatisfied with my figure, and I wish was thinner than I am now. There have been days where I wish I was still anorexic weighing 100 lbs, but then I am quickly reminded of all the secrecy I had to go through, all the isolation I had put myselft through just to mantain 100 lbs.
Some people would say it's not worth it. But I though it was, I though it was mandatory even. But now I don't want to isolate myself. I love excersise I feel as though God himself has given me a strong passion for nutrition and working out.
Balance, balance is key. Too much weight is bad, too little weigh is bad. Balance balance is the way.
And that can be really hard sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment