Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

am I cured?

Now you know my story (a portion of it.) There is still a lot to cover. 


My journey with anorexia really started in January, 2010 it's been over a year now and I haven't gone back to the hospital because I haven't fainted again. I haven't gone to a treatment facility. I haven't had any medication for my anorexia. I have had a few therapy sessions. I only been hospitalize once. I never threw up my meals before. So, I must be cured right? Wrong. 
Not a day goes by where I don't feel a little insecure about myself. I don't want to sound all negative now, but I also don't want to lie. The truth is I am still struggling to maintain a healthy balance between exercise and fueling my body. I am still struggling to try new foods. Recently and very often now God has been drilling into my brain that my journey with anorexia is far from over. How long will I have to watch what I eat and maintain a healthy weight? Answer: The rest of my life. (This goes for everyone on planet Earth really.) 
But I guess the real the question for me is: When will I stop struggling with anorexia? Answer: I won't be struggling in the future I will be overcoming! :) Yes it has been super hard so far (sometimes it feels like hell) But I know that as long as I am with God I'm going to make it. I never would have made it this far if it wasn't for God. I don't know where would I be without him. Yes there are times in my life where I ask God why did it have to be me? Answer: He is going to use my trails as teaching tools for others that are going through the same thing. 
Anorexia isn't something that can be cured. Not to sound negative, but that's the truth. However, I am taking anorexia and I am going use it as a stepping stone for my life. Anyone can take a negative and change to a positive. 
It was thanks to anorexia that I finally have reason to get up in the morning. I have a passion in life and I plan to pursue it. Anorexia helped me discover what I wanna do with my life. I want to be a nutritionist. I also plan to teach the Deaf Culture about health and fitness.  
I'll tell you more about that in my next blog, but for now so long!

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is amazing Raquel. How you can be so open and honest. that's really good that you've realized the bad and are now overcoming it! :) Can't wait to read more in the days to come and see you succeed! :)

    A reader :)

    ReplyDelete