Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

In depth (part 1)

  I want to go in depth at my stay in the hospital. In the short two weeks that I spent (it felt longer than that to be honest) ,but the point is a lot things took place in that hospital most of them were emotional and I cried a lot.
  No one cares about the first day and plus nothing really happened on that day other than checking in. However, on the first night my mom and my twin sister stayed with me and slept on a sofa by my side. I felt so relieved that I wasn't alone, but let's continue! I really think that people should know what the process felt like in my opinion. You follow? Good! :)
  On the second day I got introduced to my doctors and my nurse for that day. They told me and my parents that I was going to have a nutritionist and a therapist (2 therapist. One for me and one for the family.) I remember thinking to myself: "Is all of this really necessary?" They also told me I had to drink 4 bottles of water everyday. They would number the bottles. I wasn't allowed to drink anything else other than water or milk, but they said I could only drink whole milk, which I hate whole milk, so yea I had no other option.  I would get a new nurse every two days or so. I had a total of 3 doctors, well actually it was 4 including my nutritionist. (Love her! She was the one that inspired to become a nutritionist.) An overall total of 7 nurses...I think. No lie, every nurse I ever had kept on complaining of how exhausted they were and how they felt like that they were going to collapse of exhaustion. I remember my doctors would look so serious all the time. It was creepy! On the second day my room mate left me because she had gotten all better. Then on the same day I had gotten a new room mate. Her name was Ale. (She is important!)
This is out it happen. At least what I remember.
A doctor walks in and says: "You have a new room mate."
Me: "I do?"
My mom: "Hey, isn't that nice?" In my mind I responded by saying, "It is?"
Ale slowly and shyly walked in the room. She was tall and super thin. Within a few seconds I was told that she was going through the very same thing I was. The only difference was that this wasn't the first time that she'd been in the hospital for, you know, anorexia. I was thinking to myself: "Maybe I'm here because I am supposed to become friends with this girl." At breakfast time I tried my best to strike conversation.
But as I looked at my plate all I had was small a slice of french toast and water. In my mind I was like: "I thought the whole point of me being here I was to gain weight."
I looked up at Ale kinda sheepish like. I kept saying to myself: "Say something, say something!"
Never did, at least not at that moment.
As the day went on I watched T.V. and Ale slept. (That's how she and I "hanged out")
It was close to lunch time and then out of the blue my nutritionist came to my bed side with a really big smile I couldn't look away.
"Hello, Raquel." and I said, "Hello."
"How are you doing?" I didn't really answer that question mainly because I didn't like at all where I was. She handed my a menu where I had to pick certain foods from the menu what I was going to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Unfortunately, I have to stop here cause I need to do something else right now. I leave you in this somewhat lame cliff hanger. I'm you don't mind. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment